Friday, March 25, 2011

Big Deb Dashes a Dining Room's Dreams

So we have this honking dining room that has been the bird room since we moved here in August 2009. (One of our birds recently found a new home. )) : ) 

I had been scouting Craigslist for a nice dining set for months until one day it occurred to me that I don't really want a dining room suite. No. I want an office/study.

So I began a new search. And lo and behold, I stumbled upon Big Deb the Diva of Desks!



My Daddy, husband and two sweet friends went to pick her up using Dad's truck and trailer.

Isn't she lovely? Don't you think she looks like her name should be Big Deb? What's that? You think it's weird to name furniture? I'm not going to tell her you said that.

I'm sad that the wall paper diminishes her beauty. I'm seeing deep greys and pale greys in this room...one day. The ceilings are like 20ft which is the same dilemma in my bedroom. The chances of  me doing the wallpaper removal and painting are slim. A scaffold would be nice but they are so expensive and renting doesn't work with my leisurely way of doing things. (( :

Wanna know how much I paid for Big Deb, the Diva Desk?
$300!!!
Now that is a Craigslist deal.


No comments:

Post a Comment