Monday, July 19, 2010

Ross' Stores Rock!

The kids and I took a little trip today to the mall and to Ross'. Kirkland's had a sale on their storage boxes, $19.99 each, so I took two!




I promised myself that I was not going to take a picture of my new "mini living room" inside the bedroom until I was ready to address the  horrifying wallpaper but with these cute storage boxes turned coffee table, I just can't resist...so here goes...just look at the storage boxes okay? Promise???

































I know. That wasn't fair. It's impossible not to see it. I don't think I've ever used the word "garish" before in my life but this wallpaper is G-A-R-I-S-H! It reminds me of beet salad....
Just dreadful...on a plate OR on a wall.
Back to the "coffee table"...this pic should be easier on the eyes...

Aren't they cute. I gave up my pantie drawer for this little living room when we moved out the dresser and moved in the couch-  I'd do it again and again. I love having the remote all to myself and I LOVE  that my schedule recordings on the DVR never get trumped by iCarly. 
Anyway for 40 bucks  I have a great place to set my coffee, The Word and a hiding place for all my crap!

Okay, this blog is proof I have A.D.D. On to the Ross finds..Check out these great candle holders...


I love the way they kind of mimic the backsplash and if you look at them closely, they kind of remind you of the hard candy that you used to find stuck together in grandma's candy dish. You know the kind--you work and pry to get it out only to realize it wasn't worth the effort.
Ahhh...the nostalgia....

 I found this groovy boat thing and while the kids played some dare game which involved spontaneous dance in the aisle and lounging on the outdoor
furniture, I found these gorgeous glass balls to snug inside.
It turns out that the kitchen table really needed a centerpiece and I won't bore you with all new pics just because I put a few balls on the table but trust me, it's really pretty and simple. I'm realizing that I really love pretty and simple which is such irony since I'm the Queen of Crap.
I've instructed the kids to point and scream at the top of their lungs like in that old movie, "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" if they see any little curious hands anywhere near these beauties. Of course they've never heard of the movie but are looking forward to the 'scream and point' bit all the same.
Aren't they so pretty - albeit totally useless?
The boat was $4.99 and the balls $5 each.
 I love Ross'!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment