Monday, March 21, 2011

Basement Drudgery Room #2

  I took aboout 15 minutes to follow a creative whim and spray painted one of the 5 cabinet doors with chalkboard paint. It helped ease the pain of delving into room #2.

  I'm sad to say I don't have a before picture. I thought I took one months ago when I intended on starting the process but maybe I started to take one but ate a bowl of cookie dough icecream instead.

  At any rate you know my definition of disaster by now, so use your imagination. And then add 10 more spilling over the top boxes to the scene.

          That's where my Dad is going to put his stuff.

          We have dreams of this becoming a guest suite. I've got it all laid out in my head- a white, thick comforter turned down just so. A white over -the- top shaggy rug for underneath the bed... a luggage rack....pops of grey/blue here and there...beautiful tile floors...white moulding instead of oak...
            But for now it's just this.

             Behind that screen is a buttload of someone elses crap building materials that were left here when we bought the house. I'm not sure what needs to be tossed so I just disguised it for the time being and tossed some of my storage baskets on top. That space there is actually really large and someday we want it to be a bathroom with shower and separate soaking tub. That's the dream.
                                                   This is the reality.  My crap on top of their crap.


Hey! Look at how much I made today!

No comments:

Post a Comment