Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Jar of Twine

   Last night I was bored to tears. My kids went on an impromptu visit to Boone with my Mom and Dad and Husband was out of town on business.
  The Lord asked a few days before that I take a 3 day fast from regularly scheduled programs (aka my T.V. addiction). So what's a girl to do? Organize a closet? Catch up on laundry? Clean out the fridge?
                  Why, of course not. I'll roll twine around a Mason jar and take a ton of pictures of it!


When I began, I was hoping to avoid burning off my fingerprints using the hot glue gun so I
experimented by looping the beginning under to secure and then hiding it by going over it again.
It held tightly.
I kept trying to snug each time around up to the former but it occurred to me to wrap a bunch of
times and then push them up tightly. Hello.

Wrap.

Push.

The bottom was tricky so I just left it since it matches the top anyway.

(Plus Made in the U.S.A. is still visible!
Booyah!)
I added one drop of hot glue to finish.

Now what to do with this 15 minute project?

I know! Stack another 10 minute project on top...



This......

hot glued to this.





Topiary wanted to be with it's own kind.

This is what used to be in this space by the front door.


now this...





No comments:

Post a Comment