Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Be Still My Heart

I have been ogling these panels on the Pier 1 website for ages. The price was a deal breaker at $69 a panel. $69 x 4= Ouch! Cha Ching, Cha Ching. $$$ No can do. I'll learn to sew before I pay that.
So I figure that they must really like them and perhaps it's best that they keep them. UNTIL...
One night I go to the website for my periodic ogling and the panels are reduced to $52. Hmmmm....
So yesterday I stopped by Pier 1 for an entirely different reason and there are the panels in all their beauty.
 I froze.
 Speechless.
Breathless.
I may have peed my pants a little.
I brought one home. Yes, ONE. I stood it in the corner (and yes, these hard pleated, bamboo babies can stand on their own) and my inquisitive, awesome, wonderful husband asked, "Why did you just get one?"
Say no more.

So without further ado, may I present to you the coveted, the infamous the gorgeous..... Pier 1 Bamboo, Hard Pleated curtain panels!


























I get all misty eyed every time I go into the kitchen now.
Who's idea was it to put grommets on curtain panels? Gorgeous.

My sweet hubby was putting up curtains at 11 p.m. last night because when I called Hickory Pier 1 in sheer breathless excitement to make sure they had the remaining 3 panels, there was a split second of total horror when they told me they only had one more in stock. 'WHAT the HUH?? Is this some kind of sick joke? Where are the hidden cameras?'


I was actually relieved to find out that I had to drive all the way to Mooresville to pick up their last two and then all the way back to Hickory to get their last one. No more shipments, no more of these bad boys. I was in the nick of time.
****Thank You, Jesus.****

I still intend to lower the lighting and even have butterflies this very moment at the thought of REPLACING the fixture. But we'll come back to that...
For now I'll just walk into my kitchen every 1/2 hour and ogle the panels hanging from my windows!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment