Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday Hauls

There are two unspoken occasions in a southern girl's life when it is socially acceptable to leave the house without makeup. The 1st would be a late night emergency room visit and the 2nd is
So I found some lovely little projects today. Adam has his heart set on a pirate theme for his room. I found this lovely chest at a "Tag Sale" which is in a nut shell, an over priced yard sale. I went as they were tearing down and got this chest for 1/2 off $5.
But wait, no....could it be that the horrid contact paper was put on for no apparent reason? Really?
Aahhh...yeah!
But wait there's more! Scored this for $1 right as the temperatures soared to a sticky 91 F. I've got some great fabric to cover the cushion and some stain to cover those boo boos. (Incidentally, I have a plan for that huge wire spool the chair is sitting on and no, I didn't get that at a yard sale. If only I could keep up with my ideas!)

Found this lovely chandelier which really needs to be taken down a notch with a can of dark paint..I'm thinking one of the girl's rooms.
Then this cute crate that I'm planning to jazz up to store books.
Then.... I found this lovely number that I was initially planning on covering but upon closer inspection, I realized that in order to do that I'm going to actually have to learn to sew...sew....SO much for that. Brainstorming for other options. Maybe a good cleaning and some bling, bling...it would make a perfect chair for the bathroom vanity.
Ohhhh...but speaking of vanity I need to post about my cute fingernail polish!

No comments:

Post a Comment