Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pretty By Accident

 I have been short a bamboo place mat for months now. It's such an eyesore to me; like a 1,000 piece puzzle all nicely put together and eek!! --the last piece is missing. I finally decided to order the missing mat, even though they only come in a set of four from Amazon. You can imagine the sigh of disappointment when they arrived and I tore into the box eager to fill that empty spot on the table and discovered this.....


............



The one on the left is the offending party.
So my first inclination was to promptly pack up said package and hurl it against the wall but then, wait. Craft mode is in high gear. Surely something could be done with these.
I tried to do a mismatch theme with new and old place mats but then it just looked like mismatched place mats. I fingered the strips and momentarily considered disassembling them all and stringing them back together to make a bamboo curtain but no...no...

Suddenly I hear the voice of The Count Dracula from Sesame Street in my head...AHA!
Some liquid nails and
so much for comfy bottoms plus I have once again evaded the need to sew!
My final plans for this space is to paint and lower the lighting a few inches and add curtains panels...which is another shop online failure but I'll save that until I have a happy ending to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment