Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Helmet Head

Adam and I got  this helmet at Walmart.
 Usually we would have bypassed something like this but my boy's head needs protection now and this was all they had. -- There's just something a little unnerving to me about imagining a skull on the side of my son's head as he zooms past on his mini motorcycle. - Not cool and I think he loves himself too much for that too.....

..............


............


............



So we bought some Krylon plastic spray paint and some acrylic paint. If I had it to do over again, I would have just gotten some decals but Adam had this contagious faith I could do anything and being in Walmart with the endless supply of options, I got caught up in the moment.

So we sprayed helmet and added some embellishment. (I know, it looks a little like blue sea coral rather than blue flames.) Luckily, Adam is still a little too young to realize that his Mom putting sparkles on his cool black helmet is a little too much. He's only disgruntled that I didn't do both sides.


No comments:

Post a Comment