Monday, May 31, 2010

The Shoe Shelter

THE PROBLEM
Shoes after the kids come inside invariably wind up in a pile by the door. I suppose I should be thankful they take their shoes off and usually am until I trip over those little dandies...
THE SOLUTION...this
Yes, this.
It's a heavy duty book shelf from A.C. Moore's on clearance for $35. Juding from all the inscribed so-and-so's wuz here and I heart Joe, it was originally a display shelf for pens. A pint of oil-based (I feel super proud of the oil-based) satin paint and so-and-so no longer has proof they were here!
Legs...




Some help from my incredibly handy Dad and WALAH! A cohesive home/bench for shoes.
Next step is to make a cushion for the top for added comfort for little booties while they putt on their shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment