Sunday, May 15, 2011

Reviving the Deck



After a long winter with no love, below is the sad, lowly state of the deck.


Fifteen dollar rug turned into the consistency of a dried paper towel.
Yuck.
We flipped the rug over.

My lovely assitant and I grabbed some painters tape
and commenced to taping using the boards on the deck as a guide.
Oh, yeah, we commence 'round these parts.

Intoduce spray paint to make sure our idea will work...

Alas! It does!
and better than I thought because the paint gets on the fat, blank
lines just enough to make it look intentional. Yay.

Adam hit my pot with the lawn mower so I took this doo-hickey
gave it some paint (because I'm in that mode) and repotted it.


                                      
And here's the finished result:


                                              Husband and I are planning to stain the deck soon
                                         but so far, I'm please with this mini-makeover
                                                             on a $0 budget. (( :
                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment